Gifts Without The Bow
‘Tis the season of giving! All over the world, as various communities celebrate the holidays, presents are wrapped and hidden, stowed, celebrated and applauded. We preoccupy ourselves with the material things that fit perfectly to our loved ones’ needs; however, in this time of celebrating love and kindness, we often forget to appreciate the gifts that do not come with a bow.
As an organization founded on the belief that every person should be empowered to do what they love, we wish to remind you of the everyday gifts that allow you to find the meaning and happiness in life and career.
Crosworks’ Top 10 Gifts
- Family & Friends
- You have heard it before and you will hear it again: be aware of the time you have with the ones you love. Life has a way of surprising us, and sometimes taking us in unforeseen directions. You never know the last time you will enjoy quality time with your friends and family, so cherish every second this holiday season!
- Similar to the first, being grateful for your community extends to the physical and emotional characteristics of your home. Feel gratitude for the people your community has brought you, the memories you have shared in your hometown, and the personal growth that has fostered in your home.
- Good Health (For You and Your Loved Ones)
- To quote the all-knowing expert on self love and health, the Buddha: “To keep the body in good health is a duty… otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.”
- Appreciation for Others
- Appreciating others is truly a gift to yourself. It does not have to come in a physical form; simply a kind word to a friend can improve both your days! There are many ways to show your appreciation for others, and sometimes it can be most beneficial to solely recognize your good fortune alone. Take out a notepad and write down some of the people that guide you in your life, and why you appreciate them. Whether you share your gratitude with them or not, you will begin to express your appreciation in action, and your relationships will become more meaningful.
- Living in The Now
- Summed perfectly by Bil Keane: “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift––that is why it is called the present.” So often we are looking toward the next thing: the next meal, the next holiday, the next trip… we forget to look at where we are in the now.
- In life and career, success relies on adaptability. The ability to adapt, and find comfort in new circumstances, will give you more opportunity to succeed, and form meaningful relationships.
- Time Spent on Things You Love
- Let yourself relax this season! A balance of work and play is not only ideal, but necessary for good emotional health.
- Endless Opportunity
- At Crosworks we constantly preach this gift: never give up on your dreams! The opportunities are endless, if you are willing to put in the work, time, and energy.
- Growth Mindedness
- Hand in hand with opportunity – a mindset to grow and improve. We can always keep improving! Focus your energies on ways to enhance your skills and relationships. Need help starting? We’re here to help, and just a phone call away.
- Self-Awareness / Birkman!
- Without self-awareness, there is little we can offer others. Being self-aware is a journey that can begin at any time. Some find it through exercise, others, through literature. It is different for everyone, and it is vital for anyone wanting to find a more sustainable life. At Crosworks, we hold self-awareness to a high standard; understanding yourself leads to researched career exploration, and self-empowerment. This is why we work closely with the Birkman Assessment, as it dives into your personal characteristics, and inflates self-awareness. Give the gift of self-awareness to yourself, or someone you love with our assessment appraisal program – take $100 off now until January 15th!